Instead of buying mass produced graduation announcements and graduation invitations that look exactly like everyone else's, go online and add family photographs, personal style, and unique messages to create mementos of this year's graduate. Of course, high school and college are not the only institutions people graduate from: beauty school, law school, police academy, kindergarten, boot camp, and several other occasions warrant recognition from family and friends. Graduation announcements and invitations help ensure that everyone hears the good news, gets to attend the ceremony itself, or is invited to the graduation party.
Certainly, the photographs selected to create memorable graduation announcements and invitations will have a big impact on their appearance. The words used to create the messages can also make or break custom correspondence. Luckily, there are more inspirational quotes available than could be used up in a lifetime. Some are humorous, some are somber, but all of them share the pride and celebration inherent in accomplishing something this big. Recognition is deserved and friends and family will be guided to share in the good news.
Schools almost always have a special song and a unique slogan used to summarize the dreams and goals held for the students. Portions of these versa can easily be incorporated into a graduation announcement. One advantage to using the graduate's school slogan in the graduation announcement is that the school colors can also be used as the overall color scheme. In the same way as school songs and slogans, popular cheers, books, and even songs can be looked to for inspiration. If the graduate has a special accomplishment, such as sports, academies, or a school club, that fact can also provide inspiration.
Words Of Wisdom
There are countless websites dedicated to famous quotes and words of wisdom. These are just a few ideas that could easily be incorporated into a unique graduation announcement:
1. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. If opportunity does not knock, build a door. – Milton Berle
3. The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match. Each one of us is a fuse. -Edward Koch
4. Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. – Anthony J. D'Angelo
5. Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. – William Butler Yeats
6. All our dreams can come true … if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
In each case, the quote reminds both the grad and others that this grand accomplishment is really just a beginning, a starting place, from which all things are possible.
Using humor to entertain does not need to detract from the seriousness of the accomplishment. Unique graduation invitations and announcements can use humor to share this exciting news while still maintaining the academic persona with inspirational, somewhat silly quotes such as these:
1. Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing worth knowing can be taught. – Oscar Wilde
2. Your families are extremely proud of you. You can not imagine the sense of relief they are experiencing. This would be a most opportune time to ask for money. – Gary Bolding
3. The trouble with learning from experience is that you never graduate. – Doug Larson
4. The tassel's worth the hassle! – Anonymous
Motivation And Advice
Nearly everyone has advice for new grads. These inspirational quotes, and others like them, can remind us all of the sage wisdom we have been offered.
1. The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future. – Plato
2. Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. – Beverly Sills
4. You can not get to the top by sitting on your bottom. – Proverb
5. Do not judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. – Robert Louis Stevenson
6. Nothing happens without first a dream. – Carl Sandburg
7. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela
8. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. – Judy Garland
9. Do not live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable. – Wendy Wasserstein
Whatever words you choose to integrate into your custom graduation announcements and graduation invitations, your grad is sure to appreciate your efforts and to reap the acclaim that they so richly deserve from the family and friends who supported them along the way.
Source by Chris A. Harmen